Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

People Joining the Journey

Today I was able to sit and have lunch with a very positive and inspirational person.  She is a business owner and also owns several properties.  It was great to be able to pick her business brain and to learn different terminologies and potential options that I can have available to succeed in this new journey.  For one she confirmed to me things that I had researched like the importance of getting certified, studying further and gaining knowledge on event planning, bridal consulting and party planning, which are all similar terms.  Creating a network is key to succeeding in this area, word of mouth is the best marketing tool.  The reputation you establish with others is extremely important in getting that positive feedback and that trickle down effect that word of mouth creates.  Your word is your bond, which simply means that if you say you are going to do something, you do it!  In any business and in life in general if you do not follow through with things that you have committed to do, you have failed not only those you have let down, but more importantly yourself. 

During the lunch I realized also that this journey entails a bit more than I originally understood, and at the same time re=confirmed for me that this a challenge I am willing and more than committed to taking on!  So continue following to see how this wonderful new journey turns out!!!

http://www.scfrr.com/
http://www.mor-tons.com/

PS:  Thank You Shirley Felder for taking of your valuable time and spending it with me during lunch today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment